Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Goodbye Caroline

Today was a sad day. After eleven years, today we had to say goodbye to our Siamese cat, Caroline. I was lucky that my friend Liisa is a vet so I knew Caroline was in good hands right until the end...but I have to be honest, when I had to say goodbye I thought my heart was going to break.

Caroline had lived with us in England, France and Finland. She was proud and did not like other cats - because I suspect she thought they were a different species and she was better than them. She was very affectionate and only got angry when we went on holiday. By the time we got back she would miaow for two days in order to let us know how badly we had let her down by going away.

There is no love in the world like the love a pet gives you. They are loyal, they are always there for you, and they accept you no matter what faults you have. they are by your side whether you are healthy or sick and they love you unconditionally. I wish people could learn to be the same.


I know that she is in a better place now, but we will miss her very much. Thank you Caroline for being a member of our family...and thank you also for leading me to meet Liisa the vet, who is now my friend. We will never forget you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jody and all the family,
We also had a bad time 2 months ago, because we had to say goodbye to our lovely dog Junior after 16 years together... It was really hard for us and I can easily understand how you can feel... Even if we knew it was his time and we had no other choice, it was a difficult time and we often think to him. Lots of love, Katy

Anonymous said...

I´ve never owned a pet - or I´ve never been owned by a pet, but I feel for you all. When my brother´s dog Olivia left us, I was so sad. She was little dog with a huge personality. Eve

Katri said...

I have never owned one either, but I can still believe how bad you feel. =( Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I know what you feel... I am so sorry about Caroline...I´m sure that everything is well with her.My labrador dog,Jamal,was 15 years old when he died and I miss him still after many years...I believe that they are both in heaven... With warm hugs Hannele