Saturday, June 9, 2012

thank you....

...to everyone for your messages following my post yesterday. Apart from the comments on here I also received messages by facebook, email and text. The result was that even though I went to the appointment on my own, it felt like I had a bunch of friends there holding my hand.

A word of advice though...anybody who tells you that a colonoscopy doesnt't hurt, well either they are not telling the truth or they have selective memory. It was second only to childbirth in terms of painful experiences.

It was a difficult day and the news I received was not entirely good. The doctor was able to make a clear diagnosis, and said that I have a condition that can be controlled but not cured, which means I will have to try and find a way of managing it for the rest of my life. But at least it is nothing life-threatening, and at least I now know what it is.  So thank you again to all of you for your kindness and support. I have always said that reaching out to someone when they need a friend can often make a bigger difference than you anticipate... That is exactly what happened to me yesterday and I am more grateful than you know. Sleep well everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most painful experience for humans is having kidney stones. Whilst I was having one of them wondering inside me I did literally crawl up on the walls until I got my injection. If you are not lucky woman you may experience pains during childbirth equal to kidney stone experience. I wonder whether pains with colonoscopy depend on the condition of your colon? I.e. whether your colon is healthy or is having for example bleeding ulcers on it.

Anonymous said...

What a relief!
Kyösti