Thursday, June 7, 2012

Difficult days

Kirkkojärvi Lake in Somero
We all have difficult days from time to time. Today is one of mine. I seem to have had a thousand health problems over the last six months, so for someone who has always been healthy in the past it has been a difficult time.


This rainbow was over our house yesterday evening
This week I have spent every day going backwards and forwards to hospital as they are doing various tests to find out what is wrong. This afternoon I am booked in for a colonoscopy and I am not looking forward to it at all, even though others have told me it is not too bad.

Prior to the examination you have to drink two litres of a liquid which is designed to clean out your entire digestive system. It tastes disgusting, and has made me feel sick, if nothing else!  Luckily I have managed to drink it all and am now waiting nervously before driving to Espoo for the test later today. I haven't been able to eat any solid food for two days now so I am also hungry... but at least I can properly fit into my jeans now as I have lost loads of weight. I guess there is a positive side to everything...


I found this shadow beautiful
Anyway, often when I am feeling worried about something or particularly alone, I go out with my camera and try to take pictures of anything I see that reminds me of the beauty in the world (and particularly in Somero!) It is still there even on the days when it is hard to notice. Doing this doesn't solve the problem but at least it can help to remind you of other things for a few moments.
 
I thought I would share three pictures I have taken in the past two days for those of you who may be facing challenges of your own at the moment. Know that whatever you are going through, you are not alone.

As they say in France on difficult days "Courage" to you all.

5 comments:

janestheone said...

Jody thinking of you, you will be fine, lots of love

Anonymous said...

Bon courage Jody, j'espère que tout va bien et que ce n'est que de la fatigue. Souvent quand on se sent enfin bien quelquepart, qu'on pose ses valises, on relâche la pression et c'est là que le corps attrape tous les microbes et se "venge" de tout le stress emangasiné. Tiens moi au courant, je pense à toi et : I'll cross the fingers for you ! Keep always your positiv thinking attitude" ;o) Katy

Anonymous said...

"...try to take pictures of anything I see that reminds me of the beauty in the world. It is still there even on the days when it is hard to notice..."

It's amazing how you can do that - I really admire your ability to allways see something positive!

I hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

You are real winner, sure You beat the disease whatever it is.
Kyösti

Anonymous said...

We truly hope you get well soon! Physicians will bend over backwards to find out the problem,that's for sure.
Heikki