Monday, June 25, 2012

Sailing, Brazil and Windows

Back in April the members of the Somero English Club all went out for a meal at Jussi's Baari, and one of the topics of conversation were things we would love to do that we had never done before. Kirsti told us that she had dreamt of going sailing all her life and hoped one day that this would be possible. I thought this was a great dream to have, and found out that it would be possible to charter a ship to take us sailing for the day in the Turku archipelago on 1st July.

The ship can hold twelve people. A few people who were going to come orginally are now unable to make it next Sunday...so is there anyone who would like to join us for the trip?  Let me know if so, it should be a fun experience and would also help to make Kirsti's dream come true!

Three other things for this post.

The first is a message to anyone who has tried to get hold of me by phone over the last few days. I managed to lose my phone whilst in the UK, so I have not been reachable on my normal number. Sorry if you have tried to contact me. I now have a new sim card and can be contacted on my normal number.

The second is HELLO TO BRAZIL!  This blog has had regular readers from Brazil over the last couple of weeks, and I love the idea that there is someone so far away reading about the little town of Somero in Finland. Whoever you are, hello to Brazil from Somero, we are delighted to have you with us!

And the third is this. A couple of people close to me are going through a hard time right now (believe me, I know the feeling...). I can't fix those issues, but please remember you are not alone. I was standing at a bus stop today and saw these wild flowers by the side of the road. They are humble flowers, but beautiful nevertheless....and they are for you.

When things are really tough all any of us can do is take one day at a time - and as Marja-Leena said to me the other day, some doors may close, but a new window will open soon, sometimes when you least expect it.  I hope that the rest of the summer is full of new windows for all of you.

with love,

Jody

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes sun is behind of clouds, but it is always shining!
Turku argipelago is one of the most beutiful in the world. If it is cloudy, We may see more, because the Sun do not disturb us.

Kyösti

Katri said...

Where are you now? We haven't heard of you for a long time. Where is the English sunshine of Somero?