Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grey Monster Catches the Birds

If you had been in our garden this morning you would have seen a significant amount of wildlife. The most obvious was a large, grey creature with long hair and green feet. In fact that was me... in Frédéric's dressing gown and a pair of neon green crocs. Not attractive...and no photographic evidence either, thank goodness. The reason I was creeping round the garden was in fact because I was trying to get a photo of the birds, which is not as easy as it may sound, especially when it is minus ten degrees and you are not yet dressed. In all honesty I had heard rumours that Akseli the squirrel may be back...which is why I rushed outside with my camera, but despite my best efforts I didn't catch him, so instead I took the opportunity to get a couple of pictures of the birds. I wish I could portray in photos what I actually saw. It seemed as though all the trees were moving. There were so many birds in the branches I could hardly count them -and occasionally one would knock some snow off a twig and it would all come drifting down in a white flurry. These are the moments when I realise how lucky we are...when I can just step outside my own front door and see the trees and the snow and the birds right there in the garden. Having experienced that I would find it very hard to go back to life in the middle of a large town. We all hope for different things in life, but for me, being surrounded by nature like this is a dream come true.
Just one other thing...despite the fact that this blog was originally set up for people in Somero wanting to read English from time to time, I have found out that somehow it's been read by people in the Ukraine, Norway and the US. I have no idea how this has happened..but if you have stumbled across this by accident and are far from Somero...hello to you from here...and if you ever choose to visit us here in Somero you would be very welcome!

No comments: