Saturday, September 28, 2013

I Found Where the Fairies Live

Today was all the best things about the autumn. That last sentence wasn't great English, but you get what I mean. The weather was crisp and fresh and a perfect day for walking in the woods.

We visited a spring hidden amongst the trees - the source of a stream which continued right through the forest. Interestingly, its name translated into English was Sacrifice Spring.

Despite the name, it felt like the sort of place where fairies would choose to live. I can't be completely sure that they were there...but I made a wish anyway. I'll let you know when it comes true!
I am quite sure fairies live here...
Incidentally, talking of fairy magic, I had a dream last night that I was on a visit to Zimbabwe. I've never been there and apart from the Victoria Falls have little knowledge of the country. But I woke up and had the feeling that one day I should go.

About an hour later we were playing a game which involved flags from around the world. There were two hundred cards in the game representing different countries. We decided to pick three cards at random with the intention that one of them would be our destination next time we were planning a trip somewhere. You've probably already guessed that one of the three (along with Niger and Namibia) was Zimbabwe.

I don't know when such a trip will prove possible, but Zimbabwe is now high on my list of places to visit!



Then in the afternoon we visited the Salo Autumn market which was packed with people. There were stalls selling bags and clothes and sweets and seasonal produce such as brussel sprouts, cranberries, lingonberries and chanterelle mushrooms.  

After this we saw a film in the Bio Salo cinema which is a lovely little place dating back to the 1950s in the town centre, and right now I'm sitting at home in candlelight and the fire blazing in the background.

My idea of pretty much a perfect autumn day. I hope yours has been a hapy one too. And if you fancy joining me on a trip to Zimbabwe don't hesitate to get in touch!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely loved you blog today. One of your best so far. Destiny is clearly sending you messages. don't ignore them for if you do they will keep coming! Lots of hugs and kisses and love from England. Think a joint trip for you and Minna is on the cards to come and join me for some chocolate cake and Frankie and Benny's! Paivi

janestheone said...

I've never been to Zimbabwe either but I had family who lived there for decades - my uncle, now deceased, was curator of the museum in Harare when it was Salisbury. Someone I know in Strasbourg who is from there says it has the perfect climate, lots of sunshine, enough rain for good crops, never too hot, fresh air. People there should be rich, but that is another story...

Anonymous said...

Sacrifice Spring! You have found part history of Finn, that is nice.
There are some of Your roots.
Kyösti

Anonymous said...

"Despite the name, it felt like the sort of place where fairies would choose to live."

It's not a contradiction at all. Fairies like shiny gifts like all of the spirits of nature. So a sacrifice well would be the perfect place for spirits.