Thursday, November 7, 2013

Niko knows the important stuff

"What would you like to eat tonight?" I asked Niko as I dropped him at nursery yesterday morning. "Chocolate." he replied, without thinking.

"I meant proper food," I explained, laughing.

"Oh," he said, "...then cake."

The reason for these questions was that yesterday was Niko's fourth birthday. I still have to pinch myself  when I say that. Four? When did that happen exactly? Niko, though, had no trouble believing it at all, and had been very excited about his birthday all week. Luca, being five (and not six until April) was slightly aggrieved that it was not his birthday, but made up for it by forcing Niko to say Happy Christmas to him instead.

All in all Niko seemed to enjoy his day. And at the very least I am proud to know that at the young age of four, Niko has already learned one of life's most important lessons.

"Proper food" is cake. Good boy Niko.....with an attitude like that you are going to live a long and happy life....

No comments: