Saturday, November 16, 2013

Goodbye Lumia....

If there is one thing that annoys me, it's modern day mobile phones. We all know that if they just wanted to, phone companies could make a phone that would last twenty years. But of course that is not in their interests. They don't want people to buy one phone, they want us to buy hundreds of them.  So in a bid to make us all buy a new phone every few months, they make them so fragile that they now break in an instant.

The advent of "Modern technology" means that we no longer remember phone numbers, or write them down - but have them all stored on our phones. And most of us no longer have a land line at home. So when the phone breaks (which it will...) all the numbers are lost as well. Of course if we had written the numbers down first this wouldn't happen, but we dont bother....because why should we? They are all on the phone.... (thank God at least I keep an old-fashioned paper diary).

Having dropped (and obviously totally smashed) my Nokia Lumia phone this summer, I stupidly bought another one (which didn't work), this time with a protective case. However once Minttu got hold of my phone (yesterday) the "protective" case became irrelevant. Phone dropped. Phone smashed. All numbers lost. Again.

This was the last straw. I am now finished with Lumias and have switched to Galaxy. In the meantime however, having been too stupid to learn from my first mistake, I am now without all my phone numbers again.

So if you have called or sent a text over the past day...please don't think I am ignoring you. I'm not. I just can't access them and don't have anyone's numbers to reply anyway! (to those of you I know, please text or messgae me your numbers...)

Despite all this nonsense I am trying to look on the positive side. Having asked friends on Facebook to (re)-send me their numbers, I have already received several messages. And that, at least, has brightened up my evening. So although I will never rely on a Lumia again, I am sending my thanks to Nokia for forcing me to look on the bright side, and for indirectly improving my social life this dark November evening. Farewell to Lumia...and here's hoping to finally find some sunshine in the Galaxy.

1 comment:

Paloma said...

Why don't you store the numbers to your SIM card? If the mobile phone breaks, the contacts will be in there, and you'll displace the SIM card in your next phone.