Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thought for the Day...

At lunch today I received a message from one of my closest friends, Tracey, who lives in the UK. She was on a training course and wanted to share with me what the presenter had just said as she thought I would like it.

"If you always do what you always do, you will always get what you always get." 

She was right. I liked it.

It's a simple thought, but one that might not have occurred to you before. The idea is no more complicated than it sounds.

In every complicated or challenging situation we all have different ways of reacting.  Some of these work, and others don't. But the same repeated behaviour pattern is likely to lead to the same results. So if you don't like the results...it might be worth looking at the behaviour that led to it. Same habits, same results. Is there maybe something you could change?

I sat and thought about this as I enjoyed a halloumi salad. I thought of several things I could try to change, but also some things I definitely want to keep the same.

I'm having the same halloumi salad tomorrow. It was delicious. And I'm keeping the same friends. They're the best. I'll keep dancing, writing, taking photos and telling important people that I love them...and then I'll work on the things that need to change.  Because if you always do what you always do, you will always get what you always get. Thanks Tracey....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Jody! There's a reason, I call you, "my angel". The reason is because, you simply are. Our life circumstances may not be the same but we seem to glean the same life lessons. And I love that. This very maxim has been some sort of mantra to me during this season and I came to similar conclusions. I absolutely love that you wrote about this. Bless your heart. I love you my Angel! xXx

Anonymous said...

En juuri nyt jaksa kääntää tätä Englanniksi.

Samalla tavalla tekemistä kutsutaan myös omalla mukavuusalueella pysymiseksi. Jos ihminen haluaa kehittyä, hänen on ylitettävä oman mukavuusalueensa rajat oppiakseen ja kokeakseen uutta.

t. Kyösti