Sunday, November 4, 2012

Labour of Love

Most people need to escape sometimes.

For some this means going somewhere else. Others just get drunk. In my case, my way of escaping is through music. Sometimes, either at home or in the car, I listen to my favourite songs... and turn them up really loud.  For a few minutes I can forget about everything else that is going on.  The best is where I am somewhere I can dance, because for me, dancing is the closest I have ever got to true happiness.

This evening I am sitting on my own in the dark and listening to songs from the past. Some of my best ever memories are from the time I used to DJ and tonight I have been remembering those times. I probably look like a mad woman, sitting in the dark and smiling to old songs, but I feel better than I have in ages.

Things have changed on the radio now, as almost every station has its own playlists, but back in the 80s and early 90s we were free to play what we wanted.

Here's a link to one of the songs I used to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gxMvb9VrzY

This song is one of my all time favourites and is about moving on after a break-up. (Yeah!)  The best thing is that it's not at all one of those really sad songs that make you feel worse. It's about fighting back.

It's called "Labour of Love" by a Scottish band called Hue and Cry.  It was never a big hit in Finland....but I have always loved it. It's full of attitude, and it also fits my situation at the moment entirely. "The romance goes and the promises break....My mistake was to love you a little too much...." Anyone else know that feeling?

Sorry no picture. I still have some pride....

No comments: