Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Look Up!

It's been a while since I've posted on here. No particular reason for that except for running around a lot, being in the UK several times and not spending much time near a computer.

Today though I had the strong feeling that I needed to post this picture.

It was taken a few days ago on a a bright sunny afternoon as I sat on the grass in Esplanadi in Helsinki. Sini, one of the friends I was sitting with, suddenly interrupted the conversation and just said "Look up."  We did.

I lay on my back and spent the next few minutes staring at the bright green leaves above us, and the way the light from the sun was making them dance.

Although we'd been enjoying the warmth and the sunshine, we'd have missed this scene if Sini hadn't reminded us to stop, change direction and look at it.

A few people who are important to me are going through some tough times right now. They have been on my mind a lot over the past few days and it is for them that I post this picture.

Life often feels rough, and presents us with challenges that are hard to understand. I know, because I have been there. But maybe this simple picture of the leaves in a tree can help to remind us that sometimes, if we change our view just a little bit, we can find something beautiful right next to us that we hadn't even noticed before.

Thank you Sini for that reminder...and a big hug to all of you. Feels good to be back <3

No comments: